This can serve as a great thanksgiving appetizer or delicious addition to any watch party now that football season is coming to an end and playoff time is coming around. Forget going to the bar and spending on appetizers when you can entertain and have great food right at home with this cheesy Spinach dip!
2 packs of frozen uncut spinach
1 cup of Mozzarella cheese
1 cup of Mexican 4 cheese blend
1 large fork full of cream cheese
1 tbs of chopped onion
4 baby artichoke hearts
3/4 cup of Sour Cream
3/4 cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Old Bay
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash
(Seasonings are recommended but you may deviate as you’d like depending on taste.)
- Warm up Frozen spinach in microwave for 15 minutes to thaw. Check consistency of spinach after and look for frozen pieces; It should be soft. Give more time if necessary
- Place thawed spinach in a strainer and press water out until majority of liquid is gone.
- Place spinach in mixing bowl then add about 3/4 of your sour cream and mayonnaise ( in order to not drown spinach in the wet mixture.).
- Add the chopped artichoke and onion and mix evenly.
- Mix in both cheeses and seasonings. ( Taste test to make sure seasoning is to your liking)
- Add cream cheese and mix with fork ensuring it permeates the entire mixture.
- Add the rest of the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Pour into baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top of mixture.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is brown; Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!